Cosas que me gustan del otoño
Unit / Lesson Themes:
Calendar, Holidays, Celebrations, Likes & Dislikes, Activities, Weather
Express likes & dislikes, describe activities, associate activities, weather and clothing with a season
Levels 1 & 2
- Can be used as a source of comprehensible input for items and activities related to the fall
- Can be a model for students to follow as they make their own "Things I Like About..." poster to present to the class
- Can be a source of inspiration for a group discussion in which the students first read this text and then brainstorm what they like about different holidays, seasons, events, etc. The teacher can prepare a powerpoint or set of cards with different topics to sustain conversation within the student groups.
- Would make a great prompt for a presentational writing. Students read the prompt then write their own composition on a similar topic.
- Serves as great inspiration for an exploration in self selected or personalized vocabulary. Give students a holiday or season and have them write a list of things that represent that holiday/season (level 1).
- Could work as model for a reading text. The teacher could use this one as a demonstration, then give students a similar text without pictures. The students could then illustrate the text to show comprehension of the items mentioned.
A Note from Amy:
I think this particular resource can be used in lots of different ways, but not limited to seasons, weather or holidays. You could pick any topic and have students do the same thing. Any of your unit themes or essential questions would make fabulous prompts for a similar poster.