Sra. Lenord - Spanish 2 Regular / Spanish 2 Honors
1. Website Information and Access
2. Homework Review – Questions? Sheet
3. Structure Check – Asking Questions
4. Vocabulary Practice – Circumlocution
a. Regulars Assignment
b. Honors Assignment
Homework: Complete Vocabulary Practice
1. Homework Due: Vocabulary Practice
2. LESSON PLAN ALTERED due to problems with lab!
3. Warm Up – Find Someone Who:
a. Prepare the questions in Spanish for each box
b. Ask random partners on the lab those questions
c. Try to fill each box in with at least one classmate the statement is true about
4. Exit Ticket – Which students are similar? – Write 3 sentences comparing the partners you spoke with today. Why are they similar?
1. Warm Up – Compare/Contrast – Use the phrases on the power point to compare and contrast yourself with a partner.
2. Review the comparative/contrasting phrases from the other day
3. Integrated Lesson – La vida de un joven mexicano
a. Part A – Use the blog to complete the graphic organizar (shoulder partner if necessary or to compare notes)
b. Part B – Prepare questions for interpersonal practice
c. Part B continued – Have the conversation with those questions and write down the partner’s
d. Part C – Write the quickwrite comparing yourselves to the Vargas Rodriguez family
Homework: Vocabulary Check tomorrow!
1. Vocabulary Check
2. Integrated Lesson continued…
a. Continue whatever parts haven’t been completed
b. Part D – Peer Feedback on the Quickwrite
1. Warm Up – Quickwrite: Write as much as you can in 5 minutes about your house, neighborhood and your life there.
a. Regulars - Review Power points on home, rooms and furniture
b. Honors – Discuss in the target language about and write a list of characteristics of typical American homes.
3. Blog #2 – Mi casa mexicana
a. First Read, read silently to yourself. Mark words you think are new to you.
b. Now, form groups of 3-4.
i. NOSE GOES! The person who touches their nose last chooses a speaker for the group. Use the target language to explain to your group a summary of what you understand from the blog (Regulars INTERPRET and Honors SUMMARIZE IN TL). Then, TAG TEAM and pass the responsibility off to a group member to continue. Keep going until each member has had a chance to summarize part of the blog in his/her own words.
ii. Then, take 2 minutes help each other figure out new and unfamiliar words with permission to speak English.
c. Cultural Comparison – ¿Una familia típica o única? – See the related document
REMINDER: PBQ Writing Monday!!!