- I can connect rooms, functions and furnishings.
- I can connect responsibilities in and out of the home with who does them.
- I can describe a typical home and compare it to other homes.
Lesson Focus: Discuss houses and furnishings in detail in a conversation
1. Listening Practices - Listen to the recordings and jot notes on what housing or room the speaker is talking about and what they mention in it. Be able to report about what you hear. (Click the links below to listen.)
2. Speaking Practice - Houses and Floorplans
- Pre-speaking: How do you ask questions about a home and its furnishings?
- Speaking: Take turns asking each other questions and responding based on the photos you see.
3. Writing Practice
- Now, put your materials away and write a paragraph describing your home, its location, description, rooms and furnishings in as much detail as you can.
Announcements: PBQ WRITING TOMORROW!!!