- I can describe a typical school day & ask others about their experiences at school.
- I can connect time, frequency & sequencing with a typical school schedule.
- I can connect school supplies, classes & people.
- I can describe and compare acceptable & unacceptable school clothing.
- I can give my opinions, express my likes & dislikes and ask others to give theirs.
Introduction to the School Life - Classes & Schedules Unit
1. Activation Discussion - Antes de escuela - Our normal school day is made up of lots of different activities, not just the academic ones. What does your typical morning look like before you get to school?
2. Vocabulary Search: Los horarios (only available in class) - Skim the students schedules you see and annotate any new vocabulary you find.
3. Q&A - Discuss the schedules with your teacher & class. Stay in Spanish!
4. Vocabulary Application
a. Comparisons - Choose two of the students' schedules. Draw and label a Venn
diagram comparing and contrasting them. Write in English to demonstrate your
comprehension of the text.
b. Organizing Vocabulary - Now go back through the text. What classes do you
need to learn how to talk about? List them now!
Announcements: No PBQ this week!!!
- Today's resources are only available in class! See Sra. Lenord